Just Trash


You’re too old for a security blanket. We’re going to put it in the dumpster. That ragged stuffed rabbit can go in too. They’re just trash.


This case was just plain disgusting. Angie McAllister listened to the victim’s story.

“I thought I would die. He tied me up, slapped me and put me in his car. When he stopped, he threw me in that trash-filled dumpster and left.”
“Do you remember anything else, Ms. Jenkins?”

“He kept calling me ‘Momma’. “






It was an old story. For months, women in Carlton City had told similar tales. None of the victims had seen his face. No one remembered the signature graffiti that graced each dumpster.

“You don’t have to be a psychiatrist to know he’s got childhood issues with his mother”, Angie’s boyfriend, Detective Carl Hawkins, remarked. “I still remember being upset when my mother threw out my favorite stuffed bunny.”


Book Blurb Friday is hosted by Lisa Ricard Claro, who posts a weekly photo and challenges us to “write a book jacket blurb (150 words or less) so enticing that potential readers would feel compelled to buy the book.” That’s quite a challenge, but it’s a lot of fun as well. Click on the image at the left to read more blurbs or enter one of your own.
This week’s blurb has 150 words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Beans

The Break

Stacked