Visually Speaking


I’ll be visiting the eye doctor for my seventh set of eye injections next week. I’d be lying if I said I enjoyed having needles stuck in my eyes or living through two or more days of blurred sight and floating spots after the injections.

I do love the results, however. Each vision test shows improvement, although the results are apparent to me, even without the testing. Impaired vision impacts so many areas of life. Reading the controls on our stove or microwave, using a screwdriver, zipping a zipper are just a few of the everyday skills that I lost.
Needlework became a thing of the past, as did playing my piano keyboard. I could still see the keys, but reading the notes on any piece of music was impossible.

Now I’ve regained all of these skills and am checking out a new keyboard. When the retinal portion of my eye work is satisfactory, I’ll be having cataract surgery too. Just a few years ago, this type of restoration would have been impossible. I’m grateful it’s available to me today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Beans

The Break

Stacked