These Are A Few


At least once a year, we find ourselves watching The Sound of Music. That’s one of our favorite things, including listening to Julie sing about a few of her favorites. I got thinking about that yesterday, when I read about a cleaning service in Raleigh NC that, for an hourly fee, will handle just about anything that you don’t want to. They’ll clean your refrigerator, buy your groceries or walk your dog. You just make a list of your least favorite things and they’ll handle the rest.

I sat thinking about least favorite things for a few minutes. Funny, but favorite things come to mind much easier. Chocolate, warm breezes, my comfy recliner, the sound of chimes, spring flowers … Favorites just seemed to roll off my tongue, but least favorites required more thought. 

I posed the question to Calico and Muffin. Calico said she loves taking her programming and web design classes, but would gladly let someone take the courses that aren’t related to her degree. I’ve got a feeling her university would frown on that. Muffin said she would happily let someone do all of her schoolwork. So much for all my efforts to provide engaging learning activities!

I thought a bit longer and the wheels began to turn. I would love to have someone clean the cat box. I would gladly give up emptying the trash bin. I’d let someone else pay the bills and it would be a real plus, if they supplied the money to do that. They certainly could have taken my place for heart surgery and a month long ICU stay. Why not let them handle all of my doctor visits and medical procedures? Don’t stop me now, I’m on a roll.

So what would you let someone else do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Beans

The Break

Stacked