Happy Thanksgiving

I’m feeling a bit nostalgic today as I remember Thanksgiving past. No, I’m not thinking about dinner at my grandparents with tons of relatives and a huge stuffed turkey. While they are fine memories, my mind has settled on my first Thanksgiving in Georgia, where I spent most of the long weekend outside in my shorts and tank top, marveling at the late November flowers and basking in the sunshine. That’s a far cry from today, where the temperature was in the teens last night and forecasted highs won’t exceed the thirties.

I’d be ready to head back to Atlanta, but friends there reported snow yesterday. My brother in Florida has fifty degree temps– a bit warmer, but I doubt he’ll be serving dinner on the lanai. My childhood home in northern Vermont is winning the frigid contest, however, with a wind-chilled temp of 0 degrees. Vermonters are hardy stock, however. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that they are headed out for a round of skiing to balance out the Thanksgiving overload.

Enough griping about the chill. I have a home that is warm and the scent of turkey and pumpkin emanates throughout it. The last year has brought amazing improvements in my health. My thoughts go to the hungry, the homeless and the infirm and I know that I have so much to be thankful for.
Wishing all my readers a wonderful holiday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Beans

The Break

Stacked