Cravings

Some things just are what they are. Fish swim. Birds, time and money fly. Grandma loves to consume chocolate and ice cream. Back in the days, when I exercised regularly and vigorously, I could afford to indulge myself. Alas, those days are gone and so is my waistline. Calico understands. She had hoped that walking around a large campus would cure the extra poundage that’s been accumulating. She hadn’t counted on the generosity of fellow students, who live on candy.

So we’ve been working on eliminating empty calories and replacing them with moderate portions of healthy food. I was doing pretty well until last night. Halloween brings candy and no small proportion of it is chocolate. I’m going crazy having it in the house. 

The diet gurus recommend a reward for meeting goals. If someone offered me a gold coin for staying away from the treats, I’d only have one question. Do the coins have peel off foil with chocolate inside?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Beans

The Break

Stacked