The Dog's List

"What do you want for Christmas?"

How I dread that question. As the requester waits for a response, my mind goes blank.  A couple of ideas flit by.  One is too much to ask for, another is too trivial.  What do I want for Christmas?  Why not ask what I want from life?  You've got the same odds of getting a response.

Our dog has no trouble with questions like this.  No, he hasn't written his own list, but I know just what it would say:
  • I want a promise that I will never be left home alone. Take me with you or don't go.
  • I'd like some new SB's. You know how fast they wear out. (SB stands for Slobber Ball. A tennis ball that has been carried around in his mouth for so long that it could hydrate a few deserts.)
  • A coupon reedemable for daily fetching sessions.
  • And another one to let me skip bathes.
  • A few opportunities to escape from the yard. I treasure the opportunity to crash a backyard barbeque or take a dip in an algae ladden pond. Guess it goes without saying that I'll be using one of those "Skip A Bath" cards when I return.
  • I'd like a spot on the bed for those cold nights. A blanket and a pillow are optional, but they'd make me very happy.
  • From the cats, I'd appreciate a little respect.  Not likely,  I realize, but this is a wish list.
What do I want for Christmas?  I'd like a life with the clarity of my dog's.

Not likely, I realize.  But this is a wish list.


Grandma

Comments

  1. Isn't it great that at least a few of us in the house know what we want, and I'm not claiming to be one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Beans

The Break

Stacked