Saturday, May 1, 2010

Running Late

I'm running a bit late.

Entertained relatives from Florida earlier in the week. Thought I'd polish my next installment after they left.

Mother Nature had a different idea. High wind and torrential rain caused some flooding in our home, covering the back half of the house with a half inch of water. Sure, it could have been worse. But it certainly has been a mess to clean up.

To top it all off, my characters started doing things I hadn't planned on. But as they did, pieces of the story fell into place. Pieces that I hadn't counted on. And they belong in the next two installments.

The bottom line - the current installment isn't ready.

The good news? I'll be publishing an installment next Friday and another one on Saturday. Hope you'll be back to check them out.
Grandma

2 comments:

  1. Flooding, oh my gosh that's the worst. Good luck with that & all I can say with that is throw away what you can & disinfect, disinfect and then disinfect again! Goodness. I hope things get better for ya! Thought I'd stop by & say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm (very slowly) writing a novel... haven't done a word for about 2 months... but I know what you mean about the characters not doing what you want

    ReplyDelete