Forget Research

"Then you discover you can't french kiss the guy who puts the new roll of toilet paper on top of the old used--up roll instead of moving it the extra two inches. What? Does he not see it? Does he not see it? I'm telling you, marriage is the Jack Kevorkian of romances."
Remember that line?  In my latest Chapter of Essentials, three women have gotten together for a movie night.  I wanted them to watch a movie that would generate a little good-natured male bashing.  I thought that Rita Wilson's line from Forget Paris fit the bill perfectly.

Of course, I couldn't remember the line exactly.  I don't want to confess how long it took me to locate it.  Then I wondered when the movie became available on video.  Couldn't find that, but the movie came out in 1995.  Since my scene occurs in 1999, I figured it was reasonable for my characters to be watching a video rental.  Is it okay to quote the line in my book or do I need some kind of permission? 

NaNoWriMo is giving great advice when it tells us to squash our internal editors and let the words spill out.  It was just one paragraph of the book.  The exact movie and line was in no way critical to the story.  I could have written another chapter in the time I spent researching this bit of trivia.  Enough of that nonsense.  I'm getting with the program.

NaNoWriMo  46, 422 words and still writing. 
At least when I'm not distracted!


Grandma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Beans

The Break

Stacked